Leadership is a behavior not a position!
Everyone can learn the skills needed for leadership. The Georgia Tech Leadership Challenge Course provides an opportunity to bridge leadership theory and leadership practice through activity. Working in small groups, participants tackle multiple assignments and challenges, which allow participants to exhibit leadership skills and to receive swift feedback on their progress.
Are you ready to step up to the challenge? Discover the leader in you!
Eligibility Requirements and Qualifications
- The workshops and Leadership Challenge Complex structure are designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength, and who are in reasonably good health.
Age and Weight Requirements
- Participants must weigh less than 500 lb for access to the Leadership Challenge Course.
- Participants must weigh less than 300 lb to use the Zip Line.
- Minimum age is 13 years old.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs shall participate.
Physical Fitness Requirements
- Each participant must be physically able to fit into the safety harness (waist less than 54 inches)
- Each participant must be able to physically ascend a rope ladder up to 40 feet in the air. At this time, there are no other alternative access points to the high course. It is approximately as challenging as climbing a standard ladder four stories high.
- Each participant must be physically able to travel under their own power on a small diameter cable (approx. 1 inch wide). This could be thought of as “walking a tight rope” but with aids for balance. You’ll need to be to shift your weight around often.
- Each participant must be physically able to reach unassisted to a minimum height of 6 ft. to access safety tether lines with their hands.
- Each participant must be physically able to see (corrected or uncorrected vision) their surroundings and have a depth perception of at least 5 feet.
- Each participant must be able to understand safety information given verbally by our staff in English.
- Please see the Par-Q Medical/Physical Fitness Questionnaire