Essential Eligibility Requirements/Qualifications for Participation
Every participant must sign an Assumption of Risk and Waiver Form. Participants under the age of 18 must have it signed by a parent/legal guardian.
The workshops and Leadership Challenge Complex structure are designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength, and who are in reasonably good health.
The GT Leadership Challenge Course Program will require moderate to strenuous physical exertion.
• Closed-toe, tie-on shoes/boots are required.
• Participants must weigh less than 300lbs to use the Zip Line. Less than 500lbs for access to the Leader Challenge Course structure in general.
• Minimum age is 10 years old.
• Each participant must be physically able to fit into the safety harness (waist less than 54 inches)
• Each participant must be able to physically ascend a rope ladder up to 40 feet in the air. At this time, there are no other alternative access points to the high course. It is approximately as challenging as climbing a standard ladder 4 stories high.
• Each participant must be physically able to travel under their own power on a small diameter cable (approx 1 inch wide). This could be thought of as “walking a tight rope” but with aids to help balance you. You’ll need to be able to be able to shift your weight around often.
• Each participant must be physically able to reach unassisted to a minimum height of 6 feet to access safety tether lines with their hands.
• Each participant must be physically able to see (corrected or uncorrected vision) their surroundings and have depth perception to at least 5 feet.
• Each participant must be able to understand safety information given verbally by our staff in English.
• No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs, shall participate.
Please see the Par-Q Medical/Physical Fitness Questionnaire