Georgia Tech offers one of the best campus recreation facilities in the country. If you haven't visited the Campus Recreation Center (CRC) yet, then you are missing out on one of the biggest benefits of attending or working at Georgia Tech!
From a world class aquatics facility, to a state-of-the-art fitness center, the CRC offers aerobics, martial arts classes, intramural sports, sport clubs, and much more! Come and play in the leisure pool, take a yoga class, join an intramural team, or test your skills on our indoor rock climbing wall. Whatever your style, the CRC has an activity for you!
The CRC is located at 750 Ferst Street, on the West side of the Georgia Tech Campus, in downtown Atlanta, GA. Call 404.385.PLAY for more information!
- 15,000 sq.ft. fitness center with weight machines, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment with built in LCD television screens.
- 39-foot climbing wall
- Four racquetball courts and one squash court
- 50-meter competition pool, diving well, and spa with seating for more than 1,900
- Leisure pool with six lap lanes, 184’ water slide, free play area, current channel, 16-person spa
- Multipurpose gym with courts for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and fencing.
- Three studios for aerobics and self-defense courses, all wired for sound.
- Auxiliary court for indoor soccer, roller hockey, dodgeball and more.
- 6.7 laps/mile indoor running track overlooking the gymnasium
- Satellite fitness area overlooking Atlanta’s skyline
- Outdoor fields for flag football, soccer, ultimate frisbee, lacrosse, softball and more.
- Two sand volleyball courts
- The Wilderness Outpost for outdoor recreation equipment rental, water and land trip information, and resources for local outdoor recreation.
- H2O Café featuring Freshens© Smoothies, sandwiches, snacks, and Starbucks© coffee.
- Game room with three table tennis tables
- Outdoor patio for sunbathing
- Co-ed sauna
- 1.95 Million gallons of water in the Aquatic Center
- 1.6 Million visitors and counting
- 300,659 square feet
- 70,000 maximum number of monthly visitors
- 53,000 average monthly visits
- 25,000 lbs. of weights in the Fitness Center
- 18,839 members of the CRC
- 7,000 participants in Fall Intramurals
- 4,000 towels used per day
- 3,800 maximum daily visits
- 1,774 climbers on the indoor wall in one semester
- 960 pieces of equipment rented in one semester from the Wilderness Outpost
- 583 Intramural teams in one semester
- 310 employees at the Campus Recreation Center
- 209 pieces of fitness equipment