Campus Recreation Center Policies
|Access||Equipment Checkout||Squash Courts|
|Fitness Center||Game Room||Roe Stamps Field|
|Indoor Track||Bill Moore Tennis Center|
|Auxiliary Gym||Racquetball/ Wallyball Courts||Pool Rules|
1) In order to use the Campus Recreation Center, you must be a current member and possess a valid BuzzCard. A valid BuzzCard includes proper identification picture, name, and assigned access. Please refer to the full Campus Recreation Buzzcard Policy for more information.
2) Guest passes are REQUIRED for non-members wanting to use the facility. Current members can purchase a pass for a guest and must stay with the guest at all times. A member may sponsor two guests per day. Guests must present a photo-id to purchase a pass.
3) All minors, 17 years or younger, must be accompanied by a current member at all times. There is no charge for bringing minors into the building, as long as the minor is of the same immediate family as the member.
4) All minors, 17 years or younger, are not permitted on the fitness floor.
5) All minors, 17 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
6) The CRC is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please be certain that your belongings are locked up while you use the facility to ensure safety.
7) There are locks on the first floor in the fitness center entrance. Please lock all items in day lockers, if you have not purchased a personal locker.
The following rules and regulations have been instituted for your health and safety. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
All individuals exercise at their own risk. No person under the age of 18 may be in the Fitness Center. A physical performed by your family physician is recommended for those individuals who meet two or more of the following criteria: men over 45/Women over 55 years of age, diagnosed hypertension, blood pressure of 140/90, total cholesterol greater than 200mg/dl or HDL of 35 mg/dl or lower, smoke cigarettes, impaired fasting glucose, obesity, a family history of heart disease or a sedentary lifestyle.
Stop your workout and seek help immediately if you experience any injury including light-headedness, dizziness, nausea, or any other discomfort.
We recommend using “Spotters” when excessive weight is lifted over the body. Fitness attendants are available to assist.
Slamming or dropping weight stacks, plates, or dumbbells is prohibited. Always maintain control while exercising.
Proper training attire (specifically, athletic attire and shoes) must be worn at all times. The following is a list of attire strictly prohibited:
a. Open-toed shoes
b. Toe shoes/five finger shoes
c. Flip flops
d. Dress shoes
f. Khaki material pants
g. Swim trunks/board shorts
i. Pants with zippers
j. Pants with pockets/cargo pants
k. Pants with rivets
Users must return dumbbells/bars/weights to their appropriate storage racks when finished. Never rest any weights against walls, on floor, or on top of benches.
No chewing gum, tobacco, open-drinks or food allowed. Beverages are only permitted if contained in a plastic sports bottle with a secured top (NO cups or glassware).
Report any facility/equipment irregularity including damaged or broken equipment to the Fitness Attendant or Building Supervisor.
Respect for equipment, facility, staff, and other patrons must be demonstrated at all times (ex. – no cursing, yelling, loud and/or excessive cell phone use). Inappropriate behavior will result in expulsion and/or loss of additional recreational privileges.
Exercise equipment should be used for its intended purpose. No modifications can be made to exercise equipment. For example, propping benches on top of other exercise equipment and wedging barbells in a corner is strictly prohibited.
Exercises that are deemed unsafe by CRC staff are prohibited. This includes handstand push-ups, hand/headstands, break dancing, cartwheels and other gymnastics moves in their entirety.
Book bags, workout bags, purses, pocketbooks, laptop cases and books are to be secured in a day use locker (must provide own lock) or on the hooks provided. CRC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. No bags are allowed on the floor or on person while in the Fitness Center. This includes the area in front of the racquetball/squash courts and on or under any benches.
Users are responsible for wiping sweat off of the equipment. Each user may bring his/her own towel, retrieve a workout towel from Main Issue 1, or use the gym wipes provided to wipe down equipment located in the workout area.
Fitness Attendant staff will provide general equipment inquires only. See the personal training staff for fitness.assessment, exercise prescriptions, and personal training.
No outside personal training/exercise instruction is allowed. Only a qualified/certified CRC personal trainer may perform personal training. Providing these services may result in dismissal from the CRC and loss of membership.
Personal trainer and personal training are defined as: Personal Trainer - Those who provide fitness advice and/or assist in the training of others in a one-to-one or group situation in a health/fitness center regardless of payment exchange or not.
Personal Training - The act of any one and or/all of the following: screening and evaluating health and fitness, designing exercise programs, instructing in exercise techniques, supervising and monitoring others, and/or responding to questions and problems that arise.
Please allow others waiting for the machine to work into your rotation.
Weight collars are required on all barbells.
No chalk, chains or Olympic lifting/momentum lifts allowed.
Limit your time to 30 minutes on all cardiovascular machines while others are waiting.
Any activity that may damage the facility/equipment or is deemed unsafe by fitness staff must be stopped immediately.
• All rules are subject to interpretation by CRC Director, Associate Director, and Fitness Coordinator.
• If asked to display the GT BuzzCard by any CRC staff member, CRC users must comply.
2) The court is first come first serve and can be occupied by a group for a one hour time limit.
3) This is the only area used for skating in the CRC, as well as providing a space for hockey, soccer, dodgeball, and handball.
2) Our Assistants check-out all equipment before issuing; however, to prevent a wrongful charge please double check the equipment yourself and notify the Assistant that there is a problem.
2) Please report all malfunctions to the Assistant at Equipment Issue 4 immediately.
3) All equipment for the Game Room is to be checked out from Equipment Issue 4.
2) Follow the directional signs as posted on the track.
3) Slower traffic should stay in the inside lanes (to the left).
2) You must claim your reserved court within 15 minutes of your hour reservation. Once the 15 minutes have passed, anyone may check out equipment and use the reserved court.
3) Please inspect all equipment during check out.
4) Only courts #1-4 are used for racquetball and wallyball.
5) Wrist straps must be worn at all times.
6) Protective eyewear is strongly recommended.
7) Appropriate footwear must be worn.
8) If you choose not to abide by these guidelines, you will be asked to exit the courts.
2) The same rules apply for squash courts as for racquetball (wallyball) courts.
2) No gum.
3) No spiked shoes at anytime.
4) No bicycles or skateboards.
5) No glass products.
6) No animals allowed on field.
7) This field is for Georgia Tech students, faculty and staff. All others without a permit will be asked to leave.
8) In the case of an emergency please contact the Georgia Tech Police at 404-894-2500.
9) For information regarding the rental of this field, please call 404-894-5438.
2) Everyone must show ID at the door. NO ID, NO ENTRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
3) No black soled shoes are allowed, tennis shoes/sneakers only.