Come Out and Join Us for a Walk!
February is Heart Health Month. Taking care of your heart health at any age is important to help prevent heart disease and lower your risk for a heart attack or stroke. To celebrate, we are encouraging everyone to walk Georgia Tech’s campus. A simple way to support one's heart health is by being active for at least 30 minutes.
On February 6-10, 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m., the CRC will be talking about heart health in different locations around campus. Special location provided by Auxiliary Services with their partners at Tech Square and Athletics. You can use each day’s suggested route or walk for 30 minutes to meet us at the station. The first 100 to visit us each day will get a T-shirt. Each day you participate you will be entered into a drawing for prizes from the CRC.
No Registration Required
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are welcome to participate in this event.
Each day we will have shirts for the first 100 participants. To receive a shirt participants will need to visit the CRC table from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. after completing the walk.*
- Monday, February 6 - Skiles Walkway
- Tuesday, February 7 - 2nd floor of Barnes & Noble
- Wednesday, February 8 - Inside of Bobby Dodd Stadium
- Thursday, February 9 - CRC Lawn
- Friday, February 10 - CRC Track
*Rain locations: CRC Indoor Track Monday - Thursday
Walking is open all day! Find CRC staff tabling 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the following locations:
Monday, February 6 - Walking in the Clouds @ Tech Green
Tuesday, February 7 - Trekking Tech Square
Wednesday, February 8 - Walk it Out @ Bobby Dodd - Enter through Gate 1
Thursday, February 9 - Pi Mile (Tabling will be on the lawn at the CRC)
Friday, February 10 - Take me Home to the CRC (Roe Stamps Field)
- There are course maps for suggested walking paths.
- There will not be any road closures or course support along the way. All pedestrian laws must be followed. Watch out for traffic, especially if they have the right of way.