Georgia Tech is proud to host a NIRSA Championship Series Regional Basketball Championship in March 3-5, 2023. We look forward to having you come to Atlanta to compete against the best intramural and club teams in the country, while enjoying all that our city has to offer.
Teams will compete in pool-play to earn the right to be seeded in the championship bracket.
- National-level competition
- All-Tournament Team
- All Tournament Officials
- Team Awards for Champions
- Statistics for every game
- Convenient hotel location with competitive pricing
- Champions receive paid entry to the NIRSA Championship Series National Tournament
- Certified athletic trainers will be available to provide injury and preventative care
- Tournament T-shirts will be available for purchase
Entry Fee: $325 (Early Bird); $350 after February 3rd
Registration Deadline: February 24, 2023
- Player Certification Form - Required prior to approval.
- NIRSA Basketball Waiver - All players must complete this waiver. Submit as a team during registration.
- Code of Conduct Form - All players on the team must sign this form. Submit during registration.
Hilton Garden Inn - Atlanta Midtown ($156/night)
97 10th Street NW Atlanta, GA 30309
Hampton Inn & Suites - Atlanta Midtown ($149/night)
1231 West Peachtree Street NE Atlanta, GA 30309
The links above for each hotel are the direct links to the room rates we've obtained for the Ramblin' Regional tournament.
NCS Eligibility Requirements
All participants must meet NIRSA Championship Series (NCS) eligibility requirements to be eligible to participate in the NIRSA Regional Basketball Championships. For complete player and team eligibility policies, view NCS Eligibility Guidelines on the NIRSA website.
- All team players must attend the same institution from any two (2) or four (4) year degree-granting college or university.
- Teams representing military installations are eligible to compete, so long as all members of those teams are assigned to the same military installation.
- Individuals may play on the team that best matches their gender identity.
- Player eligibility will be based on the gender identified on the official team roster.
- Teams are limited to a maximum of one (1) former varsity basketball players on a team. A former varsity player is defined as a student who has been listed on a “school's varsity squad list".
- Faculty/staff are not eligible to participate unless they meet the minimum enrollment requirements.
- Alumni are not allowed to participate regardless of any institution’s intramural program policies
- Each participant must present a current valid picture ID prior to each game.
- Each participant must complete and sign a waiver form prior to participation.
All participants must be currently enrolled students at least ½ of full-time enrollment as an undergraduate or enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours as a graduate student.
- Players must be enrolled for the minimum number of credit hours at least 45 days prior to the tournament.
- If a graduating senior is taking less than the minimum required hours to fulfill graduation requirements, they must submit a letter from the registrar stating they will be graduating in the Spring 2023 semester/term.
- Participants from schools on the quarter system must meet the eligibility requirements of the half time enrollment for both the current and the preceding quarter.
Former & Current Collegiate Players
Players must not be listed on the varsity roster (or "Squad List") in the same or related sport (basketball) for the current 2022-2023 academic year.
- A maximum of one former collegiate player is allowed on a NIRSA Regional Basketball Roster.
- Exceptions may be granted to any player that was listed on the roster for less than three weeks.
- If a former varsity basketball player has been listed on a varsity roster or "squad list" for four or five academic years, that player is not eligible for NCS competition until after one full academic year.
A participant may not have been declared a professional in the same or a related activity.
- A professional athlete is one who receives any kind of payment, directly or indirectly, for athletic participation, or who has participated in competition with a professional team.
- A professional athletics team is any organized team that provides any of its players with more than actual and necessary expenses for participation on the team and/or declares itself to be professional.
Prior NCS/NIRSA Participation
Players are limited to six (6) appearances in NCS/NIRSA National events or limited in appearing on a varsity roster per sport.
- These appearances can be nonconsecutive, but after any six appearances on a varsity roster (squad list) or NIRSA national tournament roster in the same sport, eligibility is exhausted.
Friday, March 3, 2023
- 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM Team Check-In
- 5:30 PM Captains Meeting
- 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM Pool Play Games
Saturday, March 4, 2023
- 8:00 AM Pool Play Games Resume
- 3:00 PM Playoff Draws
- 4:10 PM Playoffs Begin
Sunday, March 5, 2023
- 9:00 AM Playoffs Resume
- 12:40 PM Women's Championship Game
- 1:50 PM Men’s Championship Game
Schedule subject to change.
Men’s and Women’s
Team Entry and Roster Forms must be received by mail or e-mail by Friday, February 24th.
Rosters are limited to a maximum of 15 members.
- Entry and roster forms must include participant names, ID numbers, Intramural
- Director’s signature, and Registrar’s signature and seal.
- No altered/revised forms will be accepted. To make roster additions, a Roster Change Form must be completed and another Registrar’s signature and seal will be required.
- Original roster forms with Registrar’s signature and seal must be submitted prior to participation. Photocopied rosters may be provided prior to the registration deadline; original forms must be provided no later than Team Check-In on Friday, March 3rd.
- Roster changes are NOT permitted after Team check-in.
The tournament format will consist of pool play followed by a single-elimination tournament. The top three teams in 4-team pools and the top two teams in 3-team pools will advance to tournament play. Games will begin Friday evening and conclude Sunday afternoon.
Play will be governed by the 2022-2023 NFHS Basketball Rules Book. Rules will be explained in greater detail in the Captain’s Meeting.
Teams should provide two sets of jerseys of contrasting color. Jerseys must have legible numbers. Taped-on numbers are not permitted. All other equipment rules will default to the 2022-2023 NFHS Basketball Rules Book.
Certified athletic trainers will be available to provide injury and preventative care.
Champions in each division will receive a paid team entry fee to the NCS National Basketball Championships hosted by University of Maryland in College Park, MD, April 14-16, 2023.
Additional awards include:
- Tournament Champion Team Award for 1st Place
- Tournament Runner-Up Team Award for 2nd Place
- All-Tournament Team and MVP Awards
- All-Tournament Officials
Tournament play will be officiated by student officials. Officials must be currently enrolled students at least ½ of full-time enrollment as an undergraduate or enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours as a graduate student. If interested in sending officials, submit the online Official’s Application by Thursday, February 9, 2023.