Interested in becoming a lifeguard at Georgia Tech? We hold open interviews for lifeguarding and pool techs every Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. in the CRC Room 134.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Awesome Staff
- Special Rate Meet Pay
- High Profile Meets
- Leadership Opportunities
- Reduced Training Costs
- Uniforms Provided
We offer American Red Cross lifeguard certification courses including CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Oxygen Administration.
- Swim continuous crawl or breaststroke – 300 meters
- Tread water without using arms for two minutes
- Timed brick dive
- Feet first surface dive to approx 11 ft for community participants (non-GT employees)
- 17 ft deep (GT specific for dive pool depth)
Important Class Information
- Online course portion must be completed prior to the first day of the course. This will be sent in an offer letter after your interview.
- Bring a pen and/or pencil each day.
- Bring a swimsuit and towel each day.
- You will be very active while learning skills in the water, so wear an appropriate swimsuit.
Employee Cost: $40 to cover Red Cross certification card. Certification is good for 2 years.
Non-employee Cost: $225 to cover Red Cross certification card. Certification is good for 2 years.
REGISTER BELOW for COURSES.
***NEXT CLASS: Sat, June 10 - Sun, June 11, 2023 | 9am-7pm both days (online pre-learning required ahead of first in-person class)***
Course Registration: Click --> HERE
WORK FOR THE BEST! Georgia Tech is a premier pool in the nation with more than 20 types of aquatic activities taking place in our pools. We host several high profile meets throughout the year. Check out our FLEXIBLE HOURS, COMPETITIVE PAY, LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES, REDUCED TRAINING COSTS for TEAM MEMBERS, EXTRA PAY for SWIM MEETS, and FREE SUMMER PARKING.
Application: Apply --> HERE
At the end of the application, there is a place to enter your availability for an interview. Candidates must interview before taking the lifeguard certification course (if not already certified) to work at Georgia Tech and get the employee rate.
Interviews: We have OPEN interviews every Tuesday at 5pm at the CRC, Room 134.
*Prospective lifeguards must complete and pass certification course prior to employment. Already certified lifeguards will be required to pass a skills evaluation prior to employment.